Youth are the future of any sport. USBC recognizes that and has thus created USA Bowling. USA Bowling Coaching is a grassroots instruction plan designed to grow the sport of bowling by developing new volunteer coaches. To that end, the USBC is sending Silver Level coach Bill McDuff to the Tangerine Bowl on May 9th at 11am to host the areas first USA Bowling Coaching class.
Any and everyone who wants to learn more about how to teach the fundamentals of bowling to youth is welcome to attend any of our FREE USA Bowling Coaching seminars.
Seminars are free to attend, and each attendee is provided materials to take home with them developed by the USBC Coaching Certification and Development team. These materials include:
- Manual – Over 140 pages of curriculum which includes everything from the coaching philosophy to physical game techniques and basic skill drills
- 8-week lesson plan – An easy to follow 14-page guide coaches may take on-lane from week-to-week and watch their bowlers progress through this readily developed lesson plan
- Quick Reference Guide 1 & 2 – Double sided laminated sheets that feature a glossary of terms, on-lane drills, and fundamentals
Who should attend a USA Bowling Coaching seminar?
Any and everyone who wants to learn more about how to teach the fundamentals of bowling to youth is welcome to join us at one of the seminars. This includes:
- Current youth coaches
- Youth league volunteers
- Center Employees
- USBC Association representative
- Pro shop staff
Attendees must be:
- A USBC member in good standing
- At least 13 years of age
- Approved through the Registered Volunteer Program if 18 years of age or older.
Fee: Fee to take the online test is $49.
To register CLICK HERE.